Product Owner at WP Media
About the job
We are seeking a Product Owner who has a passion for Agile project management and creating new and effective delivery processes. You will be responsible for driving and defining the releases for our two products: WP Rocket and Imagify.
This role includes leading cross-functional resources necessary for successful product definition and you should have a solid grasp on project management, data analytics, strategy, and Agile methodologies in order to deliver high-quality products.
As Product Owner, collaborating with the people and resources in your team, you are responsible for:
- Backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile best practices and values
- Consolidating data into user stories and necessary product requirements
- Collaborating with UI/UX team, support team, CEO and CGO, and developers to establish timeline workflows and goals
- Ensuring product aligns with company mission and goals
- Establishing competitor benchmarks
- Leading the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Understanding knowledge of the market, the support, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
- Represents the customer, interfaces and engages the customer
About WP Media
Founded in 2014, WP Media is a distributed team of 17, based in France, Germany, Spain, Serbia, Canada and USA. We are best known as the creators of WP Rocke and Imagify.
WP Rocket is used on +300 000 websites and by +42 000 customers.
In addition to WP Rocket, our other product is:
- Imagify - A free image optimization service, including a free WordPress plugin: we've already optimized more than 206,000,000 images!
We encourage employees to enjoy their family and life by having flexible hours and unlimited vacation. We care about the work you do not the hours you do.
We've a very strong transparency culture, within our team and to the public:
- Good English speaking and writing skills, French is a bonus but not required
- In love with cats (love of Corgis is a bonus)
- Previous freelance or remote work experience is a bonus
- Two years previous experience as a product owner, combined with business analyst, or in a related field
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across technology and the business teams
- Solid Agile experience and understanding of the product life cycle
- Understanding of technology; Language and Applications (WordPress, Caching, Web Performance, Git)
- Comfortable working with multiple teams in remote
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships UI/UX team, developers, team support and leadership
- Knowledge in the WordPress ecosystem (but that's not a requirement)
- Friendly team
- Work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Loose vacation policy
- Profit sharing plan
- Annual Bonus
- Annual budget to go to Conferences
- Monthly budget for your remote work needs