Development Team Lead
About the role
We are looking for an experienced developer to lead the development team at WP-Media.
Your job will include:
- 50-75% time spent architecting and developing, including plugin and website development
- Working across multiple products and websites simultaneously with a primary focus on WP Rocket
- Supporting the development team through coaching and mentoring
- Collaborating with developers on sprint planning, documentation, and technical decision-making
- Assessing opportunities for software and process improvement, and preparing documentation of rationale to share with team members & other stakeholders
- Leading the implementation of an automated testing suite and ongoing ownership of QA process
You are equally fulfilled by solving complex problems as an individual contributor as you are by mentoring teammates toward the best solution. You place a high value on a collaborative approach and pro-active communication. WP Rocket is the most user-friendly caching plugin, so your ability to empathize with our customers to improve their experience is very important. As we are a fully remote team, it’s vital that you are able to communicate clearly in technical and non-technical discussions using Slack messaging and video calls.
About WP Media
Founded in 2014, WP Media is a distributed team of 17, based all around the world . We are best known as the creators of WP Rocket.
WP Rocket is used by +500 000 websites and +50 000 customers.
In addition to WP Rocket, our other product is:
- Imagify - A free image optimization service, including a free WordPress plugin: we've already optimized more than 500,000,000 images!
We encourage employees to enjoy their family and life by having flexible hours and unlimited vacation. We care about the work you do not the hours you do.
We've a very strong transparency culture, within our team and to the public:
- A background in test-driven software engineering
- Excellent written and verbal English communication with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- A passion for facilitating the professional development of teammates
- Experience with DevOps or infrastructure management is a plus
- Previous freelance or remote work experience a plus
- Friendly, diverse team
- Work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Loose vacation policy
- Annual Bonus