Developer at WP Rocket
About the job
We’re currently seeking a skilled, knowledgeable WordPress developer to work on WP Rocket.
Your job will include:
- Developing new features for WP Rocket
- Fixing bugs and improving the plugin
- Improving our testing (unit and functional tests)
- Solving technical issues in support - doing support is essential in order to get direct customer feedback and improve the product.
We value creative problem-solving and a collaborative approach in addition to your technical skills. WP Rocket is the most user-friendly caching plugin, so the ability to empathize with our customers, in order to improve their experience with the plugin is very important. User stories are central to the development of new features.
We’re not just looking for a great developer, but an awesome teammate, too :)
Development and support are closely connected in WP Rocket; we’re proud of our ability to respond to customer feedback, and prioritize the user experience. In addition to working alongside our lead developer and product owner, you’ll also be working closely with the support team (currently 8 unique and lovable Rocketeers, based all over the world) so good communication skills are highly valued.
About WP Rocket
WP Rocket (https://wp-rocket.me) is a premium caching plugin that provides both lightning speed for websites and easy set up. To minimize the configuration needed by the site owner, WP Rocket enables the key best web performance practices upon activation.
We pride ourselves on providing fast and friendly support to make sure our customers are happy!
About WP Media
Founded in 2014, WP Media is a remote distributed team . We are best known as the creators of WP Rocket and Imagify.
WP Rocket is used on +330 000 websites and by +50 000 customers.
In addition to WP Rocket, our other product is:
- Imagify - A free image optimization service, including a free WordPress plugin: we've already optimized more than 270,000,000 images!
We encourage employees to enjoy their family and life by having flexible hours and unlimited vacation. We care about the work you do not the hours you do, and we want you to feel happy and fulfilled.
We've a very strong transparency culture, within our team and to the public :
- 3 years' minimum, experience with WordPress development in the same or a similar role.
- You know how to create a working WordPress plugin, with efficient, clear and well-documented code.
- Deep knowledge of how WordPress works, its available functions and how to use them.
- Great knowledge of PHP OOP - what it is, how to use it and why.
- Git - how to use versioning, create branches, merging etc
- Previous freelance or remote work experience is a bonus
- Friendly team
- Work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Loose vacation policy
- Profit sharing plan
- Annual Bonus
- Annual budget to go to WordCamps and conferences
- Monthly budget for your remote work needs